Sunday, November 1, 2009

Valentine's Day quote

'Never judge someone by who he's in love with; judge him by his friends. People fall in love with the most appalling people.
Take a cool, appraising glance at his pals.'
Cynthia Heimel

'One advantage of marriage, it seems to me, is that when you fall out of love with him, or he falls out of love with you, it
keeps you together until maybe you fall in again.'
Judith Viorst

How Do I Love Thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being an ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,--I love thee with the Breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!--and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.
Elizabeth Barret Browning

'When two people cannot see too much of each other
nor too little of other people, they`re in love.'
Unknown

'Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.'
William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

'Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.'
- Euripides

'Love seeketh not itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care,
But for another gives its case,
And builds a Heaven in Hell's despair.'
William Blake

'Love is the only satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.'
Erich Fromm

'To be rich in admiration and free from envy; to rejoice greatly in the good of others; to love with such generosity of heart
that your love is still a dear possession in absence or unkindness - these are the gifts of fortune which money cannot buy
nothing and without which money can buy nothing. He who has such a treasury of riches, being happy and valiant himself,
in his own nature, will enjoy the universe as if it were his own estate; and help the man to whom he lends a hand to enjoy
it with him.'
Robert Louis Stevenson

'Kisses are like grains of gold or silver found upon the ground, of no value themselves, but precious as showing that a
mine is near.'
Georges Villiers

'If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.'
Claudia Ghandi

'Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.'
Robert Browning

'What greater thing is there for two human souls that to feel that they are joined... to strengthen each other... to be at one
with each other in silent unspeakable memories.'
George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment