Sunday, November 1, 2009

Famous Quotes

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?"
Shakespeare, from Romeo and Juliet

"Shut up. Just shut up. You had me at hello."
Jerry Maguire, Dorothy (Renee Zellwegger)

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be
self-evident: that all men are created equal."
Martin Luther King

"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."
Muhammad Ali

"He's alright! Aren't you, cat? Poor cat! Poor slob! Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give
him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day by the river. I don't want to own anything until I find a
place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's."
Breakfast at Tiffany's, Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn)

"One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be done."
Marie Curie

"What do you want, Mary? Do you want the moon? If you want it, I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down for you. Hey!
That's a pretty good idea! I'll give you the moon, Mary."
It's A Wonderful Life, George

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
Martin Luther King Jr.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

"Suicide Hotline... Please Hold."
Answering Machine

"I've had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it."
Groucho Marx

"To be or not to be, --that is the question:--
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them?"
Shakespeare, from Hamlet

"Mama always said life was like a box a chocolates, never know what you're gonna get."
Forrest Gump

"Where there is love there is life."
Gandhi

"Sometimes it's more important to be human, than to have good taste."
Brecht

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom
to know the difference."
Reinhold Neibuhr

"Grown-ups love figures. When you tell them that you have made a new friend, they never ask you any questions about
essential matters. They never say to you, "What does his voice sound like? What games does he love best? Does he
collect butterflies?" Instead, they demand: "How old is he? How many brothers has he? How much does he weigh? How
much money does his father make?" Only from these figures do they think they have learned anything about him."
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment